| PAYROLL INTRODUCTION / FEATURES
The Daybreak Payroll, Time-Keeping & Human Resources System is a client/server system designed to meet the Payroll, Benefits Administration and Human Resources needs primarily of Forestry and Manufacturing Industries.
It has been running in production mode for numerous clients since Jan 1998.
The system uses Microsoft's SQL Server database (all versions) as the back-end.
The system can be run in a Terminal Server (or Citrix) environment or installed on individual workstations.
If required, user Remote Access can be accomplished using a secured VPN (Virtual Private Network) Internet connection and the use of a remote access products such as VNC, Citrix's Web Access or Microsoft's Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- Easy-to-use & very intuitive! - most frequently submitted phrase from our users.
- Supports Multi-company/Divisional organizational structures with all companies/divisions existing in the same database or, if desired, can be setup with separate databases for each company/division.
- Various user Security levels restrict access to menus/program modules/screens and Add/Edit/Delete capabilities.
- Provides a large number of built-in reports that offer extensive query flexibility.
- Numerous reports allow for user designing/customization and exporting of data to Excel, HTML, XLM and text files.
- Allows for ad-hoc reporting using third-party tools. (ie; Crystal reports, Excel)
- Designed to meet the requirements of the Forest Industry with modules specific to I.W.A. (Industrial, Wood and Allied Workers) agreements.
- Excellent design that provides you the information you need with minimal keystrokes or mouse clicks with lookup functions on all major data fields.
- Modular, Object-oriented programming for easy, fast implementation, customization and upgrades.
- On-line user assistance anywhere in the world using remote access products such as Microsoft's Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), VNC, and other Internet based remote access products.
- Online manual written in HTML that can be accessed by your web browser.
- Help Desk and training support available.
- Competitive pricing (based on number of sites) & flexible service contracts.
- Unlimited number of Pay code definitions (earnings,benefits,deductions).
- Numerous calculation options for benefits and deductions (ie; flat rate, hourly, percentage of other paycodes, table lookup).
- Accounts can be defined to match your general ledger's accounts structure.
- Pay Records (cheques and/or direct deposits) are typically created via a batch mode at the end of a pay period but can be produced anytime during a pay period using the Manual Pay Record application.
- System can accommodate Multiple Pay Runs within a pay period.
- Standard Federal/Provincial Tax calculation uses the Option 1 formula as defined by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.
- Optional Tax calculations for annual vacation pay or by percentage.
- System allows for different pay periods frequencies for tax calculations. ie; Weekly,Bi-weekly,Semi-monthly,Monthly...
- Multiple employee direct-deposit accounts option.
- Direct-Deposit file transfer modules currently available for Royal Bank, Toronto Dominion, CIBC, ScotiaBank and Hong-Kong Banks. Others can be easily created upon request.
- Direct Deposits can be automatically created for transactions such as spousal RRSP contributions.
- Prints Employee Pay Statements and cheques. Can email Pay Statements to employees.
- Records of Employment (ROE's) with option to produce transfer files for ROE WEB submissions.
- Electronic Magnetic Media reporting/transfer of T4/T4A's.
- GL Journal Voucher report with option to export data for importing into your general ledger.
- Unlimited number of Divisions, Employees, Jobs(Occupations) etc..
- Retains all historical data for each employee limited only by disk storage capacity.
- Employee Tickets tracking and automatic generation of transactions per day.
- Employee Notes tracking where you define the type of notes to track with reminder options.
- CSB (Canada Savings Bonds) transfer file creation.
- WCB (Workers Compensation Board) reporting.
- Receiver General report.
- Vacation Pay can be by annual Accrual method for yearly/semi-yearly payouts or paid on each cheque.
- Vacation Pay modules for Accrual method allow for calculating and/or paying on Hourly-Option method and/or calculations for Vaction Pay-On-Vacation Pay.
- Separate tracking of Vacation Pay earnings for employees who are absent (ie; WCB) and may be entitled to these earnings upon returning to work.
- Vacation Anniversary and Catch-up calculation (for accrual method) report.
- Time can be entered by employee, by crews or imported from ascii files.
- Time-entry with Machine Tracking is available (Tracks user defined Hour types (ie; worked, moving, breakdown), Blocks, Projects).
- Time-entry with Production (ie; cedar shakes) is available.
- Time can be entered by time-keeper(s) and/or by foremen on networked workstations.
- Banked Time option is available if desired.
- Fast Crew Time entry accomplished by copying prior days time to today's time.
- Hours Exceptions and Missing Time reports available to check time entered.
- Various other reports available to validate time transactions ie; Job Rate and/or Labour Account Deviations.
- Journal Entries module for entering adjustments, special deductions etc..
- Automated Journal Entries module can be used to scan transactions and automatically generate journal entries for items such as retro-pay.
- Specialized Menus can be created to restrict foremen/supervisors access to specific programs and reports.
- Addresses the needs of unionized environments with emphasis on Seniority and Job History-driven decision-making processes (ie Wood & Forest Industry-based companies & I.W.A.)
- Injury Tracking/Reporting.
- Job History Tracking/Reporting.
- Job Vacancy / Posting Tracking/Reporting.
- Absenteeism Reporting.
- Booked-off time Tracking / Reporting.
- Courses/Classes/Documentation/JSA (Job Safety Awareness) application to track any type of training such as WHIMIS, Hearing Tests, First-Aids, Lock-outs etc..
- Safety Audits Tracking/Reporting.
- Seniority reports at Company, Plant or Department levels.
- Seniority Retention reports.
- Vacation Days and Floaters Allowed/Taken/Left Tracking/Reporting.
- Unlimited number of Employee Contacts.
Our Mission simply stated: Our Objective is to Help You Meet Yours.
Your company's success and profitability rely on quick and easy access to accurate information. This is where we come in. Our products and services will help you translate your raw data quickly, accurately and reliably into meaningful and legible information. This will aid you in making sound decisions regarding your company's production and services, personnel administration and financial & marketing strategies!
- Over 21 years of Systems Development experience.
- Over 16 years in Payroll, Timekeeping and HR.
- Our combined technical expertise includes a broad spectrum of software, hardware and networking technologies.
- We have built our Systems from the ground up which enables us to promptly adapt them to any of your special needs.
- We provide training with all of our systems.
- The system is continually growing and being updated.
For additional information, please contact us at:
or EMail Request for more information: email@example.com
|| Daybreak Systems